Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

MEAT RUB... Great on Pork

I know this isn't the cookie recipe you may have been hoping for - but trust me - it's coming tomorrow!!! AND it's going to be good - I am feverishly making cookies right now and boy do they smell good - I think I found a winner to post tomorrow, but I want to taste the baked final product to let you know for sure. AND this is my own personal recipe I just created! I got some ideas from the show I mentioned to you all and just gave it my best shot - I think you will love it! I want to see your cookie recipes too - so please post away! Thanks, Chef Mama Mimi :)

Great Rub for Carolina Pulled Pork
INGREDIENTS:
2 tablespoons sea salt (note sea salt has less sodium then regular salt)
2 tablespoons sugar, white granulated or a dark brown, for a different flavor
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2-3 tablespoons ground cumin
2 tablespoons chili powder
2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
1/4 cup paprika (or use smoked paprika, or ½ and 1/2) - to achieve a smoky flavor depth

PREPARATION:
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix well; use as a dry rub on beef, chicken, lamb or pork.
Also another great gift giving rub idea! ☺ Enjoy! Remember these rubs have a shelf life of about 6 months.

2 comments:

ShellyH said...

yummy! I am always looking for new pork ideas! Great blog!

Chef MAMA Mimi said...

Thank you Shelly :) Glad you stopped by!